Thursday, February 8, 2018

It Must Be Love

Hello fellow crafters! Hope everyone is having a fantastic Thursday!  Yesterday I spent the day in the studio, first making some fun backgrounds with Ken Oliver Colorburst and then I tried out the new Tim Holtz  Ranger Distress Resist Spray!  This product is so addictive.  From these backgrounds I created a card for the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: It Must Be Love! 

For the background I sprayed the Distress Resist Spray through a My Favorite Things stencil (Graduated Hearts) and then sprayed several colors of Distress Spray Stain over top.  To add additional dimension I used a few more stencils with Distress Ink to add layers to the background. The additional layers, though subtle, really make this background pop.


For the focal image I used Tim Holtz Valentine blueprint stamps, stamped with Versafine black and clear heat embossed. I wanted to be sure to get a dark image over the resist background.  The "14" portion of the stamp was then stamped again and watercolored with Distress Markers.


  I am also entering this project into the Funky Junkie Boutique's Frilly and Funkie Challenge. A few embellishments were added, including the LOVE ticket- (as the Frilly and Funky Challenge requires the word LOVE appear in the project!


Come join in on the fun for the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week!
Embrace Imperfection!
Pam



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Pam :-) the white embossed background is beautiful, love the colours and the stamping and details are stunning! Totally love this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this amazing card! It's designed perfectly and makes me want to get inky! <3 We're so thankful you shared with us at Frilly & Funkie. Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the layout and the traditional colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment