Friday, October 16, 2015

Happy Halloween- Cut it Up Style

For this week's Cut it Up Challenge the theme is Halloween tags-no cards!
And of course, as always, you must use a die cut.  Check out all of the DT inspiration here.  
For my tag I chose to use the Tim Holtz new Bigz die cut Ghosts!  I have made several Halloween cards with this die cut already this year- check them out here.

But here's what I came up with for my tag:


I actually made this background tag last year and never used it so it came in handy! The technique used is called waxed paper resist and you can see an amazing tutorial from Anna-Karin on her blog demonstrating this. Thanks for the inspiration Anna!
The ghosts were die cut from core 'dinations  whitewash collection and distressed a bit with Black Soot distress ink.  Purple stickles to match the background was added to the ghost's eyes and mouth for some extra texture. 

So come join the fun and celebrate Halloween with us at this week's Cut it Up Challenge- cannot wait tot see what you all create!


3 comments:

Post a Comment