Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Creative Vision Stamps Showcase

Hello all! Back today with another Creative Vision Stamps showcase.  Today I will be featuring the stamp set: Fight Cancer.


This disease  is near and dear to my heart since I have lost many loved ones to cancer and have many good friends fighting their courageous battle. Last week we also found out that our beloved Golden Retriever Quincy has lymphoma.  It has been a tough couple of weeks but he is fighting and we are fighting for him, taking things day by day and letting him enjoy life to the fullest while he undergoes initial treatment.

So this card is in honor of all those out their fighting and for my baby boy!



This stamp set has a bunch of great images and sentiments- 3 of which I used on this card.  Going with the traditional pink for breast cancer, I used the ribbon stamp to alter pink and white polka dot patterned paper by stamping with Versamark, embossing with clear embossing powder and then distressing with Ranger Distress inks (Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick). I then layered the altered paper over the original paper so you could see the contrast.  The sentiments were stamped in black with Versafine Onyx and one was clear embossed to stand out.  A pink ribbon was folded and placed under the starburst sentiment as well. 



 I plan on making more of these in various colors representing the different types of cancer.   This is a fantastic stamp set and gives a shout out to a great cause!


I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Anything Goes

Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. A really great card and perfect for the cause too.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart,

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Pam! My best to Quincy and his human family as you all battle together. Goldens have to be the most beautiful dogs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment