Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "H"







I decided to challenge myself to use something new in my craft room for the SSS Monday Challenge.    You can get all the info on the challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. Be sure to check out all the great samples from their super talented designers!

I recently purchased the MFT Die-Namics cover-up die and have yet to use it. For this card, I actually used the die to cut a stencil and then used my favorite technique to make a watercolor background for this card (see my Valentine tutorial that shows the Stencil Monoprint with Distress technique). I used Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries and Picked Raspberry for the background and also for stamping the 3 ribbons on this card. The stamp set I used was  Sparkle N Sprinkle - Ribbons for the Cure. I stamped them with the distress inks and covered with clear embossing powder. I am also entering this card into the Sparkle N Sprinkle Feb Challenge here.  The sentiment is also from this stamp set- I used another similar background I had made with the houndstooth stencil to cut out the label for the sentiment - from Tim Holtz Label Thinlits die collection.

My other inspiration for this card is our good friend Karen, who is a breast cancer survivor! We love you Karen!







3 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Love the bright colors you used on the ribbons. Thanks for sharing with us over at the creative challenge of Sparkle N Sprinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks amazing! Love everything about it. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge. Congrats on being a SNS Featured Artist too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great take on the "H" challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment